The CLOUD operating platforms are used to host WEBDEV sites.
The guide Deploying WEBDEV sites explains how to deploy a WEBDEV site on an operating platform of the PCSCloud cloud.
Once the WEBDEV site is deployed on the platform, how to associate a domain name with the site?
2 important points
- On a PCSCloud platform, you have the ability to host several sites but a single one can be accessed directly via a domain name.
- To associate several sites to several domain names, several platforms must be created: 1 platform for each domain name.
You must have:
- the identifier
- and the password of the PCSCloud account.
The identifier and password have been supplied in the confirmation email when creating the PCSCloud account.
- Connect yourself to the CLOUD dashboard, at the following address: https://pcscloud.net/.
- In the list of platforms at the top, click the platform (for PC SOFT applications) that is hosting the site.
Write its IP address, it will have to be specified to the hosting copany of the domain.
- Click the "Default site" link.
This allows you to specify the site to start when a connection arrives via the IP of the platform, therefore by the domain.
- In the configuration of the domain provider, perform a redirection toward the IP address of the platform.