With the PCSCloud development platform, wherever you are:
- you securely access your WINDEV, WEBDEV, WINDEV Mobile projects,
- you securely access the data found in your control centers,
- you restore the exact configuration of your work environments.
The steps for creating a PCSCloud development platform are as follows.
You must have:
- the identifier
- and the password of the PCSCloud account.
The identifier and password have been supplied in the confirmation email when creating the PCSCloud account.
- Connect yourself to the CLOUD dashboard, at the following address: https://pcscloud.net/dashboard/
- Click the "Create a platform" link.
- Click "Development platform".
- Name the platform.
This name will be used to identify the platform in the CLOUD dashboard and in the PC SOFT tools.
- Specify the version of the platform
At this time, the development platforms are available in version 19 only.
- Very important step: Secure the access to the platform.
For the maximum security when accessing the platform, define an IP address or a set of IP addresses authorized to access SCM (Source Code Manager) and the Control Centers of the platform.
Once the platform was created, you have the ability to add or modify the authorized IP addresses at any time. This choice is not definite.
- Windows update of the platform
Installing the Windows updates can restart the platform and therefore trigger a service interruption.
Therefore, schedule the updates at at time when the platform is seldom used.
You also have the ability to specify that you don't want to install the Windows updates. However, we strongly advise against it. Indeed, installing the Windows updates allows you to benefit from the security updates, and it helps prevent attacks exploiting Windows deficiencies.
After validation, the platform is created within a few minutes and it can be used immediately.