The CLOUD operating platforms are used to host WEBDEV sites.
Once the WEBDEV site is deployed on the platform, you can associate it with a custom domain name (by default, the platforms have an access URL with the following format: <platform-name>.pcscloud.net).
2 key points:
- On a PCSCloud platform, you can host several sites, but only one can be accessed directly via a domain name.
- To associate multiple sites with multiple domain names, you must create multiple platforms: 1 platform per domain name.
- On PCSCLOUD:
- In the dashboard, select the platform that hosts the site.
- In "Network settings":
- Write its IP address, it will have to be specified to the hosting company of domain.
- Click "Change default site".
- Select the site that will be displayed by default.
- You can apply changes immediately, or later, as a scheduled task.
This operation indicates the site to be launched when there is a connection via the IP of the platform, i.e., via the domain.
- On the domain hosting service:
- Go to the settings of your domains.
- Create an A DNS record for the domain pointing to the IP address of the platform.
- Validate the association. Registration is immediate at the domain hosting service; however, some DNS propagation time may be necessary for the redirection to be applied worldwide.
Useful to know:
This operation indicates the address to access, i.e. the PCSCLOUD platform, when the domain is given in a browser.
- There are sites to check DNS propagation worldwide:
- Keep in mind browser caches when testing a DNS redirection after it has been set up. A redirection may not be applied because the browser keeps a cache of previous tests. It is recommended to clear browser caches when running tests after a DNS change.
- If a certificate has been set up on the platform (see Securing a site by SSL), it must match the domain name. If the domain does not match, the browsers will display a certificate-related error.