The CLOUD for PC SOFT applications allows you to benefit from the HFSQL server, especially to implement a server-to-server replication.
The server-to-server replication can be performed:
- between the Cloud platform and a company server
- or between 2 Cloud platforms.
Let's see in this guide how to implement a server-to-server replication on a Cloud platform.
You must have:
- the identifier
- and the password of the PCSCloud account.
The identifier and password have been supplied in the confirmation email when creating the PCSCloud account.
First, let's see how to configure the Cloud platform in order to implement the replication.
- Connect yourself to the CLOUD dashboard, at the following address: https://pcscloud.net/dashboard/.
- Enable the "HFSQL server" role and check "Remote access"
To configure the roles of the platform: see the guide Configuring the roles.
- In the "Management" section of the CLOUD dashboard of the platform, uncheck "Lock the access to the replication".
- In the "Filter by IP address" section, allow the IP of the HFSQL server with which you want to replicate.
The platform is now configured for the HFSQL replication.
- Just before leaving the CLOUD dashboard, write down the IP of the platform.
Click the "Management information" link and write down the management information of the HFSQL server.
The replication can now be implemented between the HFSQL server of the CLOUD platform and another server.
The replication is implemented in the HFSQL Control Center.
- In the HFSQL Control Center, connect yourself to the HFSQL server of the platform. To do so, enter the IP of the platform, the user name and the password.
Click the server icon, in the top left corner of the HFSQL Control Center window.
In the "Configuration" tab, click "Replication". Configure the HFSQL server of the platform for the replication.
Caution: Don't modify the port for receiving the replicated data on the HFSQL server of a CLOUD platform.
For more details, see the PC SOFT documentation about Managing replications of HFSQL servers.
- Configure the server with which the replication will be performed ; similarly, from the HFSQL Control Center.
The databases to replicate may be already found on this server.
In this case, a new replication can be immediately defined between this server and the server of the CLOUD platform. To do so, click "Add" and follow the wizard for describing a new replication.
See the PC SOFT documentation about Managing replications of HFSQL servers for more details.
To copy a first time, automatically, the databases to replicate toward the server of the CLOUD platform, check "Perform an initial copy of the elements to replicate toward the target server" in the wizard.
We strongly advise you to check this box, it allows you to automatically implement the replication.
Note: Implementing a replication between one of the company servers and a Cloud server may require to perform an operation on the firewall of the company server to open the port 4996 from the Cloud platform. This port is the default port for receiving the replicated data.